Kondaveedu Fort is to be found at a distance of 25 km from Guntur. Kondaveedu fort was built by Anapotha Reddy in the 1250 A.D and later developed by Ana Venkata Reddy. Both of them were prominent rulers of the Reddy dynasty known to be benevolent patrons of the art and culture. Later, the fort considered as impregnable with 24 bastions and spread across 30 hillocks was ruled by Gajapathis.
Located on a hilltop, this historical fort offers around 21 stupas. There are also many temples, residential structures, pillared halls and the entrance gate ways worth seeing here. The panoramic view from the summit is awe inspiring and is ideal for trekking. Famous historians like Amol Mujumdar and Roy Chaudhuri praised the fort in their writings. Recent archaeological excavations unearthed a 14th century inscription penned by Kavi Sarvabhauma Srinadha and in idol of Raja Rajeswari. Of late, the fort turned into a treasure trove for treasure hunters.
The seizure of a massive golden "panchaloha" idol, weighing 5 kg last year, gave credence to the theories that similar treasures could lay deep in the earth. The Presiding Diety of this place is Trikoteswara Swamy situated on the hillock and is one of the noted piligrim centres attracting thousands of visitors on Sivarathri day. The Gopinatha Temple and Kathulabave at the foothill are other major attractions of Kondaveedu.
Pillared halls, and the gate ways on east and west sides of the fort are the main attractions. Kondaveedu with its natural beauty is an ideal place for trekking. Recent archaeological excavations unearthed a 14th century inscription penned by Kavi Sarvabhauma Srinadha and in idol of Raja Rajeswari. A place of natural scenic beauty with natural wonders it is an ideal place for trekking.
Kondaveedu fort is situated in Kondaveedu village, about 25 kilometres (16 mi) from Guntur city. Guntur is easily accessible by road and rail from all parts of India. The nearest airport is at Vijayawada, which is 30 kilometres (19 mi) away.